Saturday, April 14, 2012

A GARDEN VIGNETTE

I returned from Michigan this afternoon after three  joyful days of designing (more on this later).  Before returning home, we drove to a nursery and picked up some wonderful mossy
pots of Myrtle, English Lavender and Rosemary, in topiary form.  Before unpacking, I had
the irge to get that marble table on the deck in order with my newly acquired mossy pots from Michigan.  




The water fountain, the newly acquired mossy pots
and the lamb who has taken residence outside once again.







Flowering English lavender in topiary form.








The extra large Rosemary topiaries were purchased for either
side of my back door.   We had a fire in the fireplace tonight
and everytime we opened the door to get wood, that wonderful
fragrance just seemed to filter into the great room.









This trough-like container, made by a local potter (and whom
we were fortunate to have met today) was filled with moss and baby tears.
I just happened to have a little grey bird without a home who seemed to love
his new perch.


The vignette, already for summertime.






Through the dining room window.  .  .




Have a wonderful weekend, see you on Monday.

AND

to the opening of BLAIS, in Three Oaks, Michigan
we wish you well!

5 comments:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Hi Mary Anne,

I love those mossy pots! I have not seen them around this area.

Eileen

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I am enjoying catching up with you this morning, Mary Anne. Loved seeing your garden. If the sun comes out this weekend(doubtful), I am going to work on the back porch. Our yard work has been put on hold for the duration.

Your Easter photos are wonderful. Gorgeous table!

Mary Anne said...

Dear Eileen:

The reason you have not seen these in the area is because they are not here. But, if you go over to Sadie at The English Flower Garden Shop in Clarendon Hills, she has them and they are so awesome.
Thanks for your nice comments.
Mary Anne

Mary Anne said...

Good Morning Pat:

So nice to hear from you. I know you have been busy getting your home in order in the front yard and can't wait to see what you have done. So appreciate your comments too!
Mary Anne

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Mary Anne,

It's shear heaven I'm sure at your house. I would be so delighted if I could grow rosemary year round. I love your flowering lavender. It's one of my favorites as is the rosemary.

Fantastic vignette you have there.

Dee