Wednesday, October 5, 2011

AN AUTUMN GUEST. . . . . .

There really is nothing worse than not being prepared. . . . . yes, I have been working on this dining room for 2 weeks!  A little obsessed I guess, but I just want everything looking like Fall had just dropped in with0ut much effort!  Only we know this is far from the truth. 


Found this bittersweet at the Kane County Flea Market last
weekend.   I bought it with green berries and within a day
it had turned the orange that we all know.  This is now
on the breakfast table, sitting on a vintage column.  Very
festive, but simple.




The sideboard in the dining room.




Still tweaking. . . . .




The dining room table.




I found this natural twig candle holder at Anthropologie
about a month ago . . . . just love them.  I bought two.  I used them
outside for awhile.  It has a glass liner so the candle burn is safe.






The true essence of Fall, the textures, the hues of the season
with punches of color.   I will be serving butternut squash soup
in the orange bowl.




I bought these at the nursery today. . . . they are called Jerusalem Berries.
They are ornamental in nature only!  I didn't want flowers, I needed something
on the smaller side and I loved the color and texture.




No tablecloth, loved the bare wood for this seasonal table.





The napkins are from Pottery Barn.  I loved the gray-green color.








Love how the natural fiber pumpkin shows its inner lights.  So cosy at night.






This view shows the Sheffield silver plate lined with a copper
liner.  It was perfect for the Jerusalem Berries.  I also love
mixing the natural with the silver.





The foyer. . .








The spider web!





The guest bath (his bathroom). . . . always
a little humor!  As for that garden rose, clipped
it right out of my garden.  It is sure not to last
for a week . . . but, we are enjoying it.


I hope you enjoyed Fall pictures of what is going on at our home.
More to come. . . . .





16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are definitely ready for Fall. Your home looks great!
I will be anxiously waiting to hear who is your Autumn Guest.
Roz

Mary Anne said...

Thanks so much for your comments Roz. It was such a nice surprise to hear from you. Tea Event scheduled for November! More on this later.
Mary Anne

savvycityfarmer said...

I think you've nailed it, my dear ... lot's of good fellowship on the horizon ...
for us, too!


I KNOW how excited you are for your house guests!!

Anonymous said...

So very wonderful, Mary Anne. I love it all - and oh, those grey napkins and the touch of silver on the plates with all that orange is super!

Richard Cottrell said...

Thanks for the tip, I went looking for bitter sweet last night, all I saw was green berries so I did not pick. I guess I better go back now and get them. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Mary Anne said...

PENNY:

CAN YOU BELIEVE I TWEEKED THAT DARN SIDEBOARD AGAIN TODAY????!!!!!
SOMETHING JUST WASN'T RIGHT. . . IT WAS SO OBVIOUS! SO LOVE YOUR COMMENTS........OXOX

Mary Anne said...

RICHARD:

IF YOU GO TO MY LAST POST, THE FLEA AND ME, THERE ARE PICTURES OF THE GREEN BITTERSWEET WREATH I BOUGHT. . . SO DIFFERENT FROM THE LAMB PICTURE ON MY BREAKFAST TABLE.
LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS. HAVE A GREAT FALL WEEKEND.

M.A.

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Mary Ann!
You must be close by if you are shopping at Kane County????
I would love to mail that cute polled hereford to you. He will be $15 plus shipping and he is about 8 or 9 inches long by probably 6 inches tall? He is in the garage or I would measure him!

Let me know if you would like to have him. I will be at the Na Da Farm event tomorrow evening !

Will you be there too?
I hope so!

Alison

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Love your table setting and buffet too! SooOOOOo pretty!
Love that twig covered glass vase on your table too!
There's just something about fall colors and fall tablescapes....love them!

Alison

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Hi Mary Anne,

I just bought some bittersweet last week, expensive but great looking in the fall planters.

Eileen

Babs said...

All your Fall vignettes are beautiful, but my favorite is the black faced sheep in the bittersweet. Love it!

Red Rose Alley said...

The spider web on the mirror is so cool, and the little sheep is sweet. Your Fall decorations are coming along nicely.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Beverly said...

Mary Anne, it all looks so wonderful. I love the "witch" sign in the last photo.

I am redoing our dining room, and I have stuff temporarily placed in our living room and foyer. I haven't done any seasonal decorating inside because of my mess. I am hoping it will be finished before time to decorate for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Anne, your home is so beautiful as always !! And just a reminder my tent sale is this Sunday 10-4 at my home in Wheaton !! Xo Diane Passi

elise said...

Hi Mary Anne just a reminder my tent sale is tommow Sunday 10-4 ! Hope to see you! Diane Passi

Stella said...

All of your effort was certainly worth the finished look. Love your berries and the lamb.