Friday, July 15, 2011

LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WITH THOSE TRAYS!!!

Somewhere along my creative journey I began being attracted to trays. . . . brass trays, silver trays, porcelain trays, woven trays and wooden trays.  Looking up the definition of a tray goes something like this, "An open receptacle with a flat bottom and a low rim for holding, carrying, or exhibiting articles"  Ah ha!  Exhibiting articles was the a-ha moment  . . . I started carrying them in my shop, bought them at estate sales, , garage sales and of course on my European buying trips.  I also brought them out of hiding from wedding gift days!  Today, I could not be without them.  I am still buying them for my clients at garage sales, estate sales and flea markets. 

Trays for holding flowers and one of my many birds.



Trays for backdrops and tray cutting boards for
master salts, pepper, herbs and oils . . .



Silver trays for holding the harvest. . . .



More silver trays for holdings objects of interest. . .



Antique wooden trays for holding a collection of sterling bud vases





A round silver tray for muffineers and small crystal vases with roses.



An inlaid tortoise tray with a collection of minature boxes




A european bread tray holding artisan breads. . .



A collection of etched bottles, purfume containers an antique pewter galley tray.


Trays are to be used and enjoyed.  They are great organizers.  I'll just bet you may have
a few hidden away. . . . I would love to know how you are using your trays! 
* * * 
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

8 comments:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Great post Mary Anne! I have a vintage 1920's coffee service of chrome on a chrome tray with Bakelite handles and a reverse painted bird tray holding toletries in an upstairs bathroom. I also have a mirrored tray with celluloid accessories and etching, love trays!

Eileen

debra @ 5th and state said...

gorgeous, i will be adding trays to my house, shops, life! thanks for the inspiration
x
debra

Anonymous said...

Mary Anne, this is so beautiful and inspiring. I am anxious to dig an old silver tray out, clean it up, and repurpose it. Thank you.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

All beautiful trays and vignettes, Mary Anne!

Juliet said...

What a feast of trays. They look like little altars to me. Love your blog - I've come here via Penny's blog.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared your website in my social networks!

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

love the checker board tray with yellow flowers and blue vases the colors remind me of summer.

Cindy

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Enjoyed hearing from you today. I loved the trays. The checkerboard tray with all the summer colors of yellow and blue. Reminds me of Summer.

Cindy