Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A GARDEN SURPRISE. . .

Before we left for Michigan, I had been observing the changes going on with my cement container of Hens and Chicks.............one of the "hens" appeared to be sprouting skyward. . .
when we got home 10 days later and much to my surprise, here is what awaited me. . . .


There were tiny coral pink flowers!





Succulents are fairly new to my garden repetoire and I
have to say this sight made me smile.  Has anyone
ever had this kind of surprise in their garden?


Have a wonderful summer day.
                                                                              

2 comments:

debra @ 5th and state said...

i believe a rooster entered the hen pot!
debra

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I've had these shoots happen with hens and chicks but never one that flowered in this way. Mine sprout tiny chicks.