Thursday, April 5, 2012

LAST NIGHTS TABLESCAPE AND GOLDEN VEGETABLE SOUP

As my husband says, I think you do so well at entertaining yourself!  (with tongue in cheek and a precious supporting smile)  Yes, the table we eat at is so important to me as to how it looks.  Good food even tastes better and a not so good dinner will get by (hopefully, these food preparations are few and far between).




This new tablescape began with a freshly cut bouquet from our yard.
It was from a flowering shrub called Miss Kim.  The fragrance is
intoxicating and the whift of it from the back door. . .dreamy.




My little lamb from an antique store in one of the villages
we visited last fall. . .




The estate sale lamp, the estate sale books, the antique porcelain lamb and
a pewter, family heirloom filled with Miss Kim.






The simple, nutrious homemade soup, filling and low in
calories.  Served with freshly baked Rosemary, crusty bread.
Dessert: a simple bowl of fresh sweet watermelon.

Dinner entertainment:  American Idol (and even he likes it!!)
Quite an amazing group of kids this year!

Have en enjoyable Spring (cool today) day! 

4 comments:

Linda said...

I agree totally!!!
I also like to "entertain" myself...
love to cook, have fresh flowers and dine with beauty all around me...
the soup looks delish!!

Cheers!
Linda :o)

savvycityfarmer said...

you watch American Idol?

never would've guessed

hahaha

lifeonthecutoff said...

Love it! The soup, the setting, the love you pour into it.

Happy Easter, Mary Anne.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice tablescape. Happy Easter.