Friday, September 23, 2011

COZY FALL SPACES. . . . .

Summer has come and gone and certainly Fall is in full swing.   Crisp sweater days, fireplaces lit, long walks amidst falling leaves and fresh apples to pick. . . .  It is a time to edit and to create COZY FALL SPACES.  While I am sad summer is now only a memory,   Fall is one of my favorite seasons and offers so much that is new.  I have been getting ready for a special guest and doing my best to get our home house-ready. . . . 







My little outdoor lamb, brought inside over a year ago
seeking indoor comfort in a new space.






My stuffed orange velvet pumpkin with a real stem.  I bought this one last year
at Scentimental Gardens in Geneva,  I hear they have them in again this
year.  They are so much fun.  Bought another one for a friend yesterday.




My special little witch. . . . the work of Dee Gann who is known especially
for her Santa creations.  Her witch creations, so full of character as well.
I just brought her out last night, she has been wrapped up for a year and bless
her, she is still smiling!!!


 

I resurrected a family heirloom that has to be about 100 years old.
It is such a perfect time of the year for pewter.  The lit pumpkin behind
is wonderful at night in the dining room.


 

Still working on my table for our special upcoming guest, but the sideboard
almost ready. . . .





Another outdoor piece taking comfort inside. . .





Fall tapestries and textures. . .






Details of a happy sideboard. . . .





Isn't he just the best?



It is only a week away from October . . . . . . time just seems to keep ticking
and your homes await new changes. . . . . .follow your heart and enjoy the
the changes that await you.


HAVE A WONDERFUL FALL WEEKEND AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
MY DEAR FRIEND JOY, THAT SAVVY CITY FARMER!

8 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Hello,
I visited your blog today - I saw you on 'The Polohouse.' I love your Fall decorations. I just did a Fall post today too. While I was reading, I noticed me and my daughters have alot of the same interests as you. I adore my precious family, and love photography too. My girls love Paris, and traveled there a couple of years ago. Jess in into Interior Design also, and has her degree in it. We would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would really enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your wonderful ideas and photos. We have much in common. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Richard Cottrell said...

Love, love the cute little sheep. I am glad he is inside. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Mary Anne it is all absolutely wonderful! I love Fall!

Happy Weekend!

savvycityfarmer said...

dreamy thoughts of curling up by your fireplace!

in our jammies, of course.

looks like boy with goose feels right at home!
who wouldn't in your cozy nest!!

Gatsbys Gardens said...

I love the idea of bringing some of the concrete inside especially the smaller pieces. I must go out and find my bunnies and duck and my little birdbath - great idea!

Eileen

The French Tangerine said...

Oh man... I haven't even thought about getting out the October stuff out! But I'm looking forward to doing it...
Having so much fun at the antique show and can't wait to report on Monday!
jan

vignette design said...

So nice to meet you! Your happy sideboard looks quite ready for fall! Love your sheep! Yes, happy birthday to dear sweet Joy! And enjoy your weekend too Mary Anne!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I see we share a love for bringing the outdoors in. Your lamb is really cute. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I won't be at the October Kane County. I have a family banquet. I'll be back in November.
xoxoRosemary