Saturday, May 7, 2011

THE HONOR OF BEING A MOTHER . . . .


I have always tried to be the best mother
I could be.
You all have been cherished since the day
you were born and my heart melted when
I first looked at you.  I guided you, believed
in you and always stood by you.  It is the
promise I made at your births and it is
the promise I make to you for
the rest of my life.

Because of you, all three of you,
who have left the nest and created
lives of your own,
I will celebrate Mother's Day
and be proud that you will
always be my children
for as long as I live.

TO ALL MOTHERS EVERYWHERE
I WISH YOU A DAY FILLED WITH PRIDE
AND THE CELEBRATION OF MOTHERHOOD.

3 comments:

holly said...

We're the luckiest
three kids on the planet! XoXoX

Anonymous said...

Yes I second that emotion......mom you taught us and continue to teach us by beautiful rich examples of what love is about. Everything you touch and create is inspired by the amazing heart of yours. We are all lucky forever for you and here you are again adding that gift in your creations. Love the bird. Thanks for pushing us to fly.

Happy moms day.
I love you
Kah

Lisa McGee said...

What lovely words- Happy Belated Mother's Day (for some ridiculous reason we celebrate it earlier in Ireland and the UK) - so almost forgot it was going on world wide yesterday.
Here's to motherhood- the most magical role we will ever have in our lives.