Monday, August 8, 2011

GUESS WHO IS COMING TO LUNCH????

This wonderful world of blogging, connects, inspires and creates so many wonderful opportunities that you would never think possible.  Through the blogging community
you begin to learn who lives where, some are local and some are not.  Tomorrow Joy
Waltmire will be here for lunch.  Joy and I met through her blog site called Savvy City Farmer.  I attended her Shop the Shed event with Brooke Giannetti when she was in town.
Joy's blog site can be found if you go to: http://savvycityfarmer.blogspot.com/ You will love it.  Always full of inspiration to be sure and she is so much fun!

 I want so much to be outside among the flowers as we dine, but the morning temperatures will make that decision for me, so I must wait.  Also joining us will be Steve  from Princeton, Illinois.  He and Joy have a lot in common so I felt as long as Steve was making a furniture delivery in Clarendon Hills, he should join us.  He invented re purposing, I swear.  Steve used to work with me at my shop. . . . . a very talented man.  They will have a lot to share.  Joy is even bringing one of her latest. . . . a painted piece she just finished.  Wanted an opinion. . . Now she will have two of us critiquing her talents!


The garden that lies beyond. . . . .


The cool path that leads one into the secret garden. . .



The grand daddy hosta of them all. . . birdbaths and more hosta.




Hostas are still growing. . . bigger and bigger. . .




Birds are still bathing. . . .


Roses are still blooming. . . .



In spite of all of the heat, everything is still lush, so it will still
be a nice place to have lunch.


Left to right, Brooke Giannetti of Velvet and Linen, myself, and
Joy Wiltmire of Savvy City Farmer


How lucky we are to share a common thread,  a thread that has
created a fabric stronger that I would have ever imagined.


Table setting and menu to be shared tomorrow.  Wish you could
share in this anticipated afternoon.

6 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

girl, you leave me speechless ... on the other hand, I'm SURE our chatter will go nonstop ...
I'm on my way!!

Beverly said...

Ooh, ooh! so exciting. I know they would love dining and visiting outside at your beautiful home.

I want to come, too.

Richard Cottrell said...

Ain't blogging wonderful. Please stop by my blog this week for a free give away. Thanks, Richard from My Old Historic House.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Sounds fabulous Mary Anne! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Your garden looks amazing. Our patio hostas are gone. The heat was just too much for them. The others are hanging on for dear life!

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Your garden is looking great, must be all of that shade protection from the intense heat. Have a great time at your luncheon.

Eileen

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so wonderfully lush, Mary Anne, and I love the way you caught the light on the hostas. Have a great lunch and chat and I can't wait to see your table setting.