Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ONE LAST LOOK..............




I took this picture about two weeks ago as the winds were picking up and the evening air a crisp reminder that the summer was indeed over. ( tho' I must admit, Chicago had one of the most beautiful warm falls with colors like I have never seen before.) This was one of my favorite vinettes off the patio.  The fountain was always so relaxing on a warm summers night...............the fountain has been turned off, the kale has now been nipped by Jack Frost and I have decided to use this French marble table inside for the Winter.  I will be using it in my new gray dining room where many changes are about to take place.





I think I will bring in the lamb this year as well.  Also note the green pumpkin in the background on the marble top table.  So, from this vinette and coming inside for the holdays will be the marble top French table, the cement lamb (a find from my friend Debra at Scentamental Gardens in Geneva)  and  the green pumpkin...... 

See you soon,
Mary Anne

5 comments:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Mary Anne, that little lamb is precious!

Eileen

debra @ 5th and state said...

hey luv
beautiful vignette.

i once used the lamb in an outdoor winter planter combo
a large long trough with a multitude of boughs and berries cascading down with one lovely lamb nestled on top.....fun!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of the lamb in a winter setting described by Debra above, though, there is a corner of the livingroom . . . Thank you for this enticing post. I just discovered you from 5th and State.

cotedetexas said...

beautiful blog! I love the gray. I have two lambs, but mine are inside. hehe. they don't like the outside!!!!!!!!

Joni
cote de texas

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Mary Anne!