Thursday, October 28, 2010

VILLAGE FLORAL SHOPS

I have always been inspired by a good floral shop.  Shop owners and their floral designers always hold dear to their hearts, the wonder of fresh flowers and hand picked home accessories.   It is my secret extravagance.  "More than anything, I must have flowers" said Claude Monet.....and so it goes that my weekly "to-do" list always consists of a stop at one of my favorite florists.  We can always count on them to welcome the beginning of any season, SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN or WINTER.    It matters not which season, as our spirits are always heightened when we are inside.   One of my favorite places to go is STEMS AND TWIGS.  It is a family owned business which is always the best kind as their hearts and souls run the business and they are always community involved. 



This little and quaint shop is located in a suburb of Chicago called Western Springs.  In fact, I recently received a wonderful  birthday arrangement created especially for me.  My daughter Kim who lives in another state ordered it for me and it was delivered to my door.  Tish is the owner of the store and her staff is wonderful.  When they know you and what you like, a phone ordered gift from Stems and Twigs never fails and even if they don't know you, you will always love what has been created especially for you.  Here is a picture of  the arrangement that I received for my birthday along with my wonderful witch by Dee Gann.  Her "life" on this breakfast table is about to end for another year.  I have loved her visit!  Don't you love the bright Fall colors in this pumpkin?




Visiting this shop for this post found Claudia, S&T's floral designer, creating a seasonal pumpkin- filled floral arrangement for a baby shower.............a baby boy.  How beautiful.


We have come a long way baby from the ceramic, carnation stuffed bootie.

As I continued my store tour of seasonal offerings,  the ambiance lifted my spirits of a season full of pumpkins, witches and an outdoor garden filled with even  more pumpkins.  As I stepped outside to this rustic and beautiful little garden, the sound of  rustling leaves which crunched under foot, left me in awe,  wishing I could sit down and enjoy this little hidden little part of the world at Stems and Twigs. Fall has been upon us for many weeks now and we are all ready for the next holiday season, but not so at this tiny and special little shop.  So many things called my name, but most of all, I was so at peace as I took it all in.


A TINY LITTLE SHOP FULL OF AMBIENCE
 




To Tish, to Claudia and to the staff at Stems and Twigs, thank you for the events we have done together, for the kitchen walks and the tablescapes I have created with you at my side, designer showcase homes and more......and in my heart I know there will be more.  Your flowers, your shop and your creativity is a true inspiration to our town and we are so lucky to have you.






                                           HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE...................
                                                         Always, Mary Anne


COMING IN POSTS AHEAD WILL BE THE DESIGNING OF
REDD HERRING, A NEW LOCAL RESTAURANT

AND

A VISIT TO A FRENCH COUNTRY HOME


                        Please scroll down to post a comment.  I would love to hear from you.










2 comments:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Great post

Eileen

Anonymous said...

This post is beautiful, Mary Anne!